Tips For Shopping Online
1. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online retailers have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are deciding on a site to shop from. Should you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
4. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can present you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.