Tips For Shopping Online
1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.