Tips For Shopping Online
1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
3. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
4. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.