Tips For Shopping Online
1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Before you start your web shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Many people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.