Tips For Shopping Online
1. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on starts with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
3. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider obtaining a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.