Tips For Shopping Online
1. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your money.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.