Tips For Shopping Online
1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" in the URL from the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. Be sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.