Tips For Shopping Online
1. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. If you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.