Tips For Shopping Online
1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
2. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out reduced prices for various things and you can locate them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.